- The Process pays $10 and a first round pick for TBD’s Dwight Smith Jr.
- Organized Chaos gives a 4th round pick and 10 dollars to TBD for Josh VanMeter
- Organized Chaos gives 7 dollars to Capital City Income for Cal Quantil and CCI moves up a round in the draft.
- You are buying Dwight Smith at his highest level of performance ever. He has never hit this well in the minors over the course of a full season most of his minor league seasons looked like .265/.340./.430 while never being young for his level. He’s a corner outfielder. He was placed on waivers by the Jays who really don’t have any decent OF’s on their current roster and very little prospect depth yet the Bluejays preferred others. He is now 26 so he may be just a late bloomer and coming into his own. He also is on a team where he should get a full season of at bats even if he slumps. If he keeps up his .861 OPS pace this deal looks pretty damn good, if its just a good April and he turns into Dwight Smith Jr of previous seasons I would much rather have a 1st rounder and 10 dollars. He has always hit for a decent average so he may be someone who gets a little more boost out of the juiced ball.
2. I follow prospects fairly closely and I hadn’t even heard of this dude until about 3 weeks ago. Had Organized Chaos? He looks like he is on fire, and he is putting up numbers in the IL its no PCL mirage. MLB pipeline had him outside the top 30 prospects as of Feb 2019. I don’t like it at all for OC, guy has hit for a month with no track record. My wife likes to spend her money on a bunch of little 20-50 dollar items(thanks Amazon prime) where as I would rather not, but when I want a 7000 hot tub I will go ahead and order it.
3. Ok I actually don’t mind this purchase. Very rarely does the wife order a little lingerie, I don’t complain. Quantrill was sexy at one point and then unsexy and he looks like he may be a little bit sexy again. His stuff seemed to take a step back but I have seen reports that his velocity has returned and his secondaries are looking good. Unlike position players Quantrill can be pretty average and still be worth 7 dollars in auction net year, and I think there may be more upside. Just go look at the starters on the waiver wire, if you believe Quantrill can stick in a rotation its a good buy. Definitely not a guarantee but I like it for OC.